Sunday, June 26, 2011

Cowboy Cut Ribeye with Green Bean Salad


Saddle up, boys and girls, and head on over to the ranch!  Ok, so I don't have a ranch - or a saddle, for that matter.  Luckily, one doesn't need to be a cowboy (or cowgirl) to enjoy this beautiful cowboy cut ribeye.

I have to confess that I don't know what a cowboy cut is or how that differs from an ordinary ribeye.  I'm pretty sure I don't care, though.  Any steak this tender and juicy can call itself whatever it wants.

With such a huge steak, I decided to go easy on the side dishes.  Ordinarily, I would make a big batch of mashed potatoes.  This time, though, I went with a warm green bean salad.  It was the perfect combination.

Here's what you need for the steak:

1 steak (any cut that you prefer)
Fresh garlic, minced
Jane's Krazy Mixed Up Salt
Dale's Seasoning (I use the low sodium version)

Smear fresh minced garlic on both sides of your steak then season each side evenly with Jane's.  Place the steak in a zipper back and add about 1/3 cup of the Dale's (use more or less depending on the size of your steak).  Shake the bag to ensure that the steak is completely covered with the marinade.  Let it rest in the fridge for at least an hour.  Remove the steak from the fridge about half an hour before you intend to cook it. 

For the green bean salad:

Fresh green beans
Cherry tomatoes, halved
Mozzarella cheese
Olive oil
Sea Salt

Steam the green beans for  7 or 8 minutes.  Be careful not to overcook them.  When they're ready, toss them with the mozzarella.  Add the cherry tomatoes, a tiny bit of olive oil and sea salt to taste.  Toss well and serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment